Handyman Assist Security Care Package
Break-ins are one of today’s most common crimes. And in many instances break-ins are simply crimes of opportunity with entry gained through an open or unlocked door or window.
Good home security is as simple as following these three basic steps:
- Make it as difficult as possible for an offender to gain entry. Install and use key operated locks on doors and windows, don’t place keys under door mats or in obvious places.
- Make it as difficult as possible for offenders to leave with your property. Use the key-operated locks on doors and windows (believe it or not, some people don’t), and make sure any alarm or camera systems are fully functioning.
- Make it as difficult as possible for an offender to want to steal your property. Engrave or microdot all items of value.
You can reduce the risk of becoming a burglary victim by implementing these measures.
They don’t even cost a lot of money.
- Get to know your neighbours. Exchange telephone numbers and keep and eye on each other’s homes. Observant neighbours can help reduce prowlers, loitering and burglary by reporting suspicious people or vehicles to police.
- Join your local Neighbourhood Watch
- Even when you’re at home, be aware of your home security and ensure doors and windows are secured, particularly in rooms that are unoccupied.
- Before you hire a professional house cleaner or gardener, check all references thoroughly.
- Secure your home when you leave it by locking all doors and windows. Many burglars are opportunists looking for doors or windows that aren’t locked. Remove any keys from internal doors and windows when you are not at home.
- If you have a faulty alarm that forever going off, get it fixed and tell your neighbours. Many people ignore an alarm that regularly goes off .
- Ask for credentials from all company representatives who request entry to your home. If you’re in any way doubtful, check with the person’s office before letting him or her in.
- Give your home the “lived in” look whenever you’re out. Leave a light on and the radio playing. Timing devices are super effective for this. Adjust the ringer volume down on your telephone so it’s not too obvious the home is unoccupied.
- Keep cash, keys and valuables out of sight and out of easy reach.
- Don’t leave notes on your door as they advertise that no one is home.
- Don’t leave house keys under the mat, pot plants, in letterboxes or other equally obvious places.
- Ensure you house/unit number is clearly visible so it can be located quickly in any emergency.
- Mark valuables using the Property Identification System.
- Know which doors and windows you can use as an emergency exit so you can quickly get to safety.
If you ever hear an intruder in your home, do not risk injury.
Dial triple zero (000) at the earliest opportunity, leave the house immediately and go to a neighbour or somewhere safe to contact and wait for police. Learn more about confrontations in the home. Likewise, if you arrive home and find your house broken into, report it to the police and don’t touch anything. Forensic evidence can easily be destroyed and it is important for police to see your home exactly as it was left to obtain evidence.
Beef up your home security with Handyman Assist…
I can install:
- Additional insurance company approved deadlocks to doors
- Window locks for all window types
- Safes and lock boxes
- Security screens
- Lock solutions for gates, sheds and outhouses
- Dummy alarm boxes
- Video surveillance signage
- Dummy cameras
Whether you think it’s important or not, securing your outbuildings is a must too.
Rightly or wrongly, people often neglect to lock up their tool sheds and garages. This gives criminals a perfect opportunity to not only steal from you, but use your own tools to get into your home too. Simple things like your ladder, screwdrivers or hammers can help criminals gain access to your home.
Handyman Assist understands that the last thing you want to be thinking about is your home security…
But, we hope that this page helps you and your family stay safe.
If you would like more advice on how to keep your home secure, simply fill out the contact us form at the bottom of this page and quote “Security Care“. That’s all it takes.
Handyman Assist are also available to do obligation-free security assessments for both homes and businesses.
Request a free quote today
Maybe the spare room needs re-decorating. The bathroom tiles needed re-grouting. The TV needs wall-mounting. Or the kitchen needs more cupboards. And the glazing probably needs re-screening. Not to mention the myriad other repairs you'd simply prefer to just forget.
Well to request a FREE QUOTE today, simply complete this short form below.
Please allow 24 hours for me to get back to you.
Or for a more immediate service, call me on 0434 646 928 and mention you found me online.